BrightView provides comprehensive outpatient addiction treatment to patients throughout Ohio, Kentucky, Virginia, Delaware and North Carolina. We provide a better approach to addiction treatment. Our personalized programs and harm reduction model of care are designed to help our patients succeed in lasting recovery. Our evidence-based treatment programs include medication assisted treatment (MAT), individual counseling, group counseling, peer support, and social services to remove roadblocks on the road to recovery.
One of the ways that we are making a difference in the field of addiction treatment is by offering a scholarship to a graduate student who is eager to work in the field of substance use disorder treatment upon graduation. This scholarship will grant one recipient a one-time reward of $1,000 toward their education.
To be eligible to win, scholarship applicants must meet the following criteria:
- As of January 1, 2022, the applicant must be 18 years of age or older
- Attending or enrolled in an accredited master’s program for social work or counseling (MSW, MA, M Ed., etc.) in Ohio, Kentucky, Virginia, Delaware or North Carolina
- Want to pursue a career in substance use disorder treatment
- Meet the scholarship regulations and include the submission requirements listed below
HOW TO APPLY FOR OUR SCHOLARSHIP
To apply for the BrightView Clinical Education Advancement Scholarship, eligible students must write an original 500 to 1,000-word essay responding to the following prompt: What role does clinical care play in an effective addiction treatment program?
Please upload your essay in Word or PDF format and complete the form below by midnight on December 2, 2022. APA style format is acceptable. It is expected that all sources will be appropriately cited. Submissions received after the deadline will not be eligible for consideration.
SCHOLARSHIP AWARD DETERMINATION
- A board of clinical leaders at BrightView will review applications and determine the scholarship award winner based on content of the essay and strength of the application.
- BrightView will announce the winner of the scholarship on December 16, 2022.
- Applicants are allowed to submit only a single application. Multiple applications for one student will result in loss of eligibility to win.
- Essay submissions must be 100% unique, written only by the applicant. Plagiarism of any form will result in immediate disqualification.
- Essay submissions that are sent after the deadline of December 2, 2022, cannot be accepted.
- Essay submissions that fail to include any of the required details listed or don’t meet the specifications for eligibility will not be accepted.
- The scholarship award can be revoked at any time if BrightView determines that the winning student did not comply with the guidelines.
- Please do not contact BrightView to request an update on your essay submission status.
- Applicants must be willing to have their likeness and essay published on the BrightView website and social media channels.
- Current employees of BrightView are ineligible to receive the scholarship.
- Winners are not obligated in any way to commit to work at BrightView after graduation, but they are certainly welcome to apply for relevant positions.
At BrightView, we provide our patients with the tools needed for recovery in a place where they are welcomed, encouraged, and respected.
One of the ways BrightView is leading the field is by treating the disease of addiction and the person struggling with it. Our passionate team believes that anyone can achieve life-long recovery with the help of the right program and ongoing support structure.
Medication, therapy, and social support are the core parts of our outpatient treatment programs. Medication provides stability by helping to manage cravings and withdrawal symptoms. Individual case managers provide services tailored to each patient’s personal needs. Finally, individual and group counseling help promote comprehensive healing and build the tools of recovery. In addition to the services we provide, BrightView is an advocate for community peer-group involvement.
We invite you to learn more about our centers and the difference we are making in our communities today. For more information about our centers, please visit our website at brightviewhealth.com.