Most people eighteen or older have drunk alcohol at some point in their lives, and in fact, a majority reported drinking in the past month. These numbers tell a story of the widespread societal impact of alcohol. Millions of Americans live with alcohol use disorder (AUD), and only a small portion of them reach out for help. Looking for an alcohol rehabilitation center can be a confusing experience, so a treatment facility has to be the right fit for your lifestyle and needs.
At BrightView, we are ready to help you if you’re prepared to learn more about our alcohol rehab near Willoughby, OH. It can be tough to figure out what treatments and facilities are the best fit for you. Overcoming alcohol addiction can be one of the most significant challenges you’ll ever face. Contact our BrightView team today by calling 1-833-510-HELP or filling out our online form for more information about getting alcohol addiction treatment near Willoughby, OH.
Alcohol Addiction in Lake County, OH
Lake County, and the town of Willoughby in particular, is known for its natural beauty, including panoramic views of Lake Erie. This scenic backdrop encourages Ohioans to enjoy the great outdoors with activities like fishing, hiking, and boating. However, outdoor recreation goes hand-in-hand with alcohol consumption for many Lake County residents. Unfortunately, some people find that casual drinking evolves into alcohol addiction in a short amount of time.
According to the United Health Foundation, 17.7% of Ohioans engaged in binge drinking in 2020.1 This high percentage indicates that there is a need for alcohol addiction treatment across Ohio and especially in Lake County. Fortunately, 84% of Ohioans are thirty minutes or less from a BrightView center. For those living in or around Willoughby, our local BrightView treatment center represents an opportunity for people to begin their recovery from alcohol addiction.
What to Look For in an Alcohol Rehab
While you have the power of internet search results at your fingertips, it can sometimes seem too powerful when you’re looking for something specific. With such a wealth of information available, trying to sift through the results can be overwhelming.
An alcohol rehab center needs to be:
- In an accessible location – One of the barriers to entering treatment is your distance relative to the treatment location. Nobody wants to drive for hours for an appointment because that kind of time commitment can seriously disrupt your schedule. An alcohol rehab should also be accessible through public transport since some people prefer not to drive or simply can’t because of other reasons. To make the recovery process sustainable, the treatment facility should be near enough that you can go there in case of an emergency.
- Ready to get you started on a program right away – Depending on the severity of the case, any delay could have severe health implications. When you ask for help, you should be able to get it almost immediately. An alcohol rehab should be able to get you into a treatment program as soon as possible so that you can begin your recovery journey.
- Respectful of individuals in recovery – The stigma associated with AUD is present throughout society. Too often, individuals battling AUD are too embarrassed or ashamed to admit that they have a problem. The staff of the alcohol rehab center must be respectful of each patient’s experience with AUD and must recognize their unique situation. Only then can the team deliver care to the highest standard possible.
What Happens at BrightView’s Alcohol Rehab near Willoughby, OH
Our BrightView alcohol rehab location near Willoughby is ready to help if you’re living with AUD. To prepare you for your road to recovery, our team wants you to know what to expect when starting our alcohol addiction treatment program.
While at our alcohol rehab center, you will go through:
- Registration – In this first step, you’ll be asked to fill out forms related to your treatment and a treatment contract.
- Medical induction – Next, you’ll be asked about your health history and any withdrawal symptoms you are currently experiencing. You will also undergo a urine screening.
- Clinical intake – One of BrightView’s licensed counselors will meet with you to ensure that you understand the treatment and ask about your expectations of the program.
- Physician visit – A registered physician will talk to you about your health status and answer any questions you may have regarding your treatment program.
- Pharmacy visit – One of our nurses will show you how to take your prescribed medicines and any other steps you must take.
- Observed dosing – In this final step, our team will observe you taking the prescribed medications to minimize any withdrawal symptoms in a safe environment. You’ll be allowed to go home once your condition is stable.
If you’re interested in immediate support for alcohol addiction, we accept walk-ins on weekdays until 3:00 pm at our Willoughby treatment center on Mentor Avenue. Make today the day you begin your recovery journey by partnering with BrightView Willoughby.
Choose BrightView for Alcohol Rehab near Willoughby, Ohio
For the most effective alcohol rehab possible in northeastern Ohio, reach out to BrightView today. We have comprehensive outpatient treatment programs at our Willoughby location that offer all the benefits of a residential rehab program but with the convenience of outpatient treatment. Call us today at 1-833-510-HELP so we can help you right away, or contact us online.