The percentage of Delaware residents who use illicit drugs is slightly higher than the national average; however, many people put off getting professional help throughout the state. There are many reasons for refraining from substance use disorder (SUD) treatment, but one of the most common is concern about the cost of treatment at a Delaware rehab center. Some people dealing with substance use disorder are experiencing financial problems in relation to their dependence on drugs or alcohol, so the thought of incurring thousands of dollars of debt from addiction treatment can be overwhelming. Before you write off a professional treatment program for substance use disorder, learn more about your options for paying for treatment — it may be more affordable than you think.
BrightView wants every Delaware resident to get the help they need to overcome substance use disorder, regardless of their financial situation. We strive to make addiction treatment accessible to all, so we accept many forms of health insurance, including Medicaid and Medicare. Even if you do not have health insurance, we will work with you to find payment assistance or a finance plan. Call us today at 888.501.9865 to learn how high-quality substance use disorder treatment can be within your reach.
How Much Does Addiction Treatment Cost in Delaware?
The cost of addiction treatment will vary based on several factors, including:
- The location of the treatment center – Generally, facilities in areas with a higher cost of living tend to be more pricey. Also, treatment centers that boast a location near the beach or in the mountains may come at a higher premium.
- The type of treatment – Inpatient treatment will cost more because you stay in the facility and receive room and board, whereas outpatient treatment does not require these amenities and will cost you less.
- The amenities provided – Treatment centers with a longer list of amenities, such as nutrition therapy, chiropractic care, gyms, and swimming pools, will cost more than programs without all of these extras.
- The length of the treatment program – The longer your program lasts, the higher the cost will be. Some people complete treatment within 30 days, while others may need up to 90 days of support.
Since the cost of treatment varies so much from facility to facility, it is difficult to calculate the specific addiction treatment cost in Delaware. However, there is a general price range for different types of programs:
- Inpatient treatment – $14,000 to $27,000 for 30 days
- Outpatient treatment – $5,000 to $10,000 for 30 days
- Medications for medication assisted treatment – $5,000 for one year
You would need to reach out to each facility for the cost of their treatment programs to get an exact figure.
Paying for Treatment: How to Make Rehab Affordable
If the treatment costs above seem high, do not assume that you would have to pay the entire amount out of pocket. There are several ways to pay for rehab that does not involve going into debt:
- Private health insurance
- Scholarships or other financial aid programs
- Payment plan
Reach out to your chosen treatment facility to find out if they accept your insurance or can work with you to find financial aid. Your addiction treatment insurance may cover some or all of your treatment, saving you thousands of dollars.
BrightView: Helping You Navigate Addiction Treatment Insurance
Do not let worries about paying for rehab stand in the way of getting the substance use disorder treatment you need. At BrightView, we believe everyone deserves to live a life free from dependence on drugs and alcohol. Call us at 888.501.9865 so we can help you work out the best option to cover your addiction treatment cost in Delaware.