BrightView’s Kaleidoscope program offers a unique treatment environment designed for the needs of patients who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning, or allies to the community. Through the Kaleidoscope program, patients have an opportunity to work directly with Licensed Counselors, Physicians, and Case Managers with specialized training and life experiences in the LGBTQA+ community.
Our specialized team will work with patients to address issues common to LBGTQA+ folks in recovery, such as:
- Coming out, and how the coming out process has affected your substance use
- Relapse prevention techniques in LGBTQA+ social spaces
- Chosen family and their significance in your recovery
- Accepting yourself, your gender, and your sexuality while reducing shame
- Finding LGBTQA+-friendly recovery environments and sober activities.
- Learning to advocate for yourself
The Kaleidoscope LGBTQA+ program is available to all patients of BrightView who self-identify as members of the LGBTQA+ community.