If you have ever tried to stop opioid use cold turkey, then you know that the withdrawal symptoms can be intense and frightening. Getting help for an opioid use disorder is always the best option, but it can be intimidating to sign up for a treatment program when you don’t know what to expect. Learning more about opioid addiction treatment can give you the confidence to take the first steps toward recovery.
If you or someone you love is ready for opioid addiction treatment in Louisville, KY, call BrightView at 888.501.9865 or contact us online. You don’t have to let opioid use take control of your future. BrightView Louisville offers comprehensive outpatient treatment programs. These programs follow an evidence-based and holistic approach to treating addiction. A regimen involving a combination of medication, individual therapy, and group therapy in our opioid treatment program is designed to get you through the withdrawal symptoms and give you the support you need to live a healthy life.
Opioid Addiction in Jefferson County, KY
From the world-famous Churchill Downs to the Louisville Zoo to the Muhammad Ali Center, Jefferson County, KY, is one of the jewels of the Bluegrass State. However, like many counties across the country, Jefferson County is facing a public health crisis in the form of opioid addiction.
According to the Kentucky Office of Drug Control Policy, Jefferson County had the most resident overdose deaths of any county in the commonwealth, with 512 deaths reported in 2020.1 This number is an increase from 319 in 2019. Also, there were 417 fentanyl deaths in Jefferson County in 2020, which is the most of any county in Kentucky. These statistics demonstrate the need for high-quality, comprehensive opioid treatment in Louisville and the surrounding area. Fortunately, 54% of Kentuckians are thirty minutes or less from a BrightView center, and that includes our Louisville location.
What Happens When You Start Opioid Treatment
During the first stage of your opioid treatment program at BrightView, you’ll undergo an assessment with a clinician to determine the best course of action for your unique situation.
An assessment includes:
- Health history – You’ll have to give the intake specialist information about any physical or mental health conditions.
- Opioid use history – You will also share the type of opioid you prefer and the frequency of your use.
- Physical exam – An accurate reading of your current physical health will tell the treatment team how to help you.
- Treatment plan formulation – The previous steps will give the clinician the necessary information to devise the best possible treatment plan for you.
From here, if you agree to the treatment plan presented to you by the clinician, you’ll be on the road to recovery.
Opioid Addiction Services at BrightView Louisville
Once your treatment plan has been created, you’ll then begin with the opioid addiction services at BrightView that are right for your recovery. Just as no two people are the same, no two treatment plans at BrightView are the same. So, we have a range of services available to give our clients the best chance of maintaining their recovery for years to come.
The opioid addiction services at BrightView Louisville include:
- Medication for Addiction Treatment – We provide safe withdrawal medication and a management plan to help ease your physical cravings so you can focus on recovery. Addiction medicine research indicates that combining medication, individual counseling, group therapy, and social support provides the best chances for long-term recovery.
- Individual counseling – Therapy with a licensed counselor addresses the root causes of an opioid use disorder. The more able you are to handle the life stresses and triggers that cause you to use opioids, the better your chances of long-term sobriety.
- Group therapy – Hearing from others who have gone through the same journey can give you the community support you need to stay on the right track.
- Case management – There is a wide variety of support resources available to those in recovery, and a case manager will help you access those resources. This will allow you to overcome your addictions and improve other areas of your life that have been affected by your battle with opioid use disorder.
- Social Support – Our BrightView team will help you take it one step at a time by building a supportive community around you. We understand what you are going through, and our team works diligently to help minimize barriers and empower you to continue progressing on your healing journey.
Choose BrightView for Opioid Treatment in Louisville, Kentucky
Our BrightView drug rehab location in Louisville offers comprehensive opioid use treatment programs. If you’re ready to begin your recovery journey today, we accept walk-ins on weekdays until 3:00 pm at our Louisville treatment facility on Stonestreet Road, which is in the same complex as the Medical Center Jewish Southwest. Or, you can always contact us online or give us a call today at 888.501.9865 to learn more about opioid treatment in the Louisville area.