If opioid use has taken control of your life, you may be curious how an opioid addiction treatment program works. It is normal to be hesitant to get treatment when you have no idea what is in store. Learning more about attending an outpatient addiction treatment program in Dayton, Ohio, can help you feel more at ease and prepare you to take the leap.
For the best opioid addiction treatment program Ohio offers, you can count on BrightView. Our comprehensive outpatient addiction treatment programs combine medication, individual counseling, and group therapy to help you get through withdrawal and move on to a life of sobriety. When you are ready to break free from opioid addiction, call us at 1-833-510-HELP.
How Do You Begin an Opioid Treatment Program?
When you first reach out to an opioid treatment facility, you will schedule a visit with a clinician. During this first visit, the assessment, you will:
- Go over your health history. This includes any physical or mental health conditions.
- Discuss your opioid use. You will inform the clinician of how much, how often, and for how long you have been using opioids.
- Undergo a physical exam. The clinician will assess your current state of health.
- Devise a treatment plan. Together with the clinician, you will create a treatment plan based on your current health and history of opioid use.
Once you sign off on your treatment plan, you will get started on your path to recovery.
How Does an Opioid Treatment Program Work?
While drug addiction treatment programs may be slightly different from facility to facility, there are a few similar components. The treatment plan you and your clinician design will include some or all of the following:
- Medication – This can help ease withdrawal symptoms and decrease cravings, possibly eliminating one of the most challenging obstacles to recovering from opioid addiction. Your clinician will select specific medication based on your individual needs.
- Individual counseling – No opioid addiction treatment program is complete without counseling. Your therapist can help you get to the root of your addiction by addressing distorted thought patterns, stressors, and other aspects of your life that may have led to your opioid use.
- Family counseling – Your family members can be your greatest supporters through recovery from opioid addiction, especially if you live in the same household. Your home environment sets the stage for healthy or unhealthy choices. Going through therapy as a family can help address dysfunctional relationships and harmful patterns that may otherwise stand in the way of your recovery.
These are the main components that may comprise your opioid treatment program. Many facilities offer additional treatment options to enhance your results, including group therapy, support groups, and alternative forms of therapy for addiction recovery, such as art or music therapy.
What Are Your Responsibilities During Opioid Addiction Treatment in Ohio?
When you enroll in an opioid treatment program, you are expected to play an active role in your treatment. You need to be fully committed to the process to achieve lasting recovery. As part of the treatment plan, you agree to with the clinician, some of your responsibilities may include:
- Attending appointments with a clinician
- Participating in drug testing
- Taking medication as prescribed
- Refraining from the use of other medication unless approved by your clinician
- Attending all recommended therapy sessions
- Making lifestyle changes that benefit your recovery
Following through with your responsibilities during treatment will help you get the best results. Your care team is on your side, so cooperating with them by doing your part during treatment will give you the best shot at lasting sobriety.
BrightView: The Top Opioid Treatment Program in Dayton, Ohio
BrightView’s outpatient opioid treatment program in Dayton, Ohio, offers the convenience of living at home while you recover. With our outpatient addiction treatment programs, you can still fulfill your work and family responsibilities as you get better.
BrightView offers medication assisted treatment at convenient addiction treatment center locations throughout Ohio. Our locations include:
- Cincinnati addiction treatment center
- Dayton addiction treatment center
- Columbus East addiction treatment center
- Columbus West addiction treatment center
- Toledo addiction treatment center
- Mason addiction treatment center
For the long-term recovery you deserve, give us a call today at 1-833-510-HELP.