May 6th, 2021 marks the beginning of National Nurses Week. This is a time to recognize the efforts of this special group of public health heroes. In light of the pandemic, we want to show our appreciation to these men and women who have gone above and beyond to care for the health of others during this unprecedented event. Without our team of trained nursing staff, BrightView would not be able to offer the level of caring mental health treatment and addiction treatment our patients receive. We applaud the sacrifices of our nurses and want to shine a light on their contributions to our facilities. To learn more about how our nurses impact the quality of our mental health programs, call us today at 888.501.9865.
Highlight on Mental Health Nurses
While we appreciate the hard work of all types of nurses, we would like to take a look at mental health nurses since May is also Mental Health Awareness Month. These nurses encounter a unique set of challenges on the job, as caring for patients in mental health treatment programs requires additional skill sets. Mental health nurses receive advanced training in psychiatric disorders to help prepare them to meet their patients’ needs. To give you an idea of how mental health nurses help support patients in mental health treatment programs and ongoing addiction treatment, here is a look at just some of their responsibilities:
- Assessing and evaluating patients
- Assisting in the design of customized treatment care plans
- Working together with other healthcare professionals to implement treatment care plans
- Maintaining accurate patient records
- Providing support and guidance to patients and their families
When a patient enrolls in a mental health treatment program, the nursing staff will often be the people they interact with most. The nurses become the familiar faces of their outpatient and intensive outpatient programs and a welcoming and supportive presence. The rapport that develops between nurses and their patients can be an integral part of the success of the treatment.
How You Can Show Support During National Nurses Week
If you are looking for ways to show your appreciation for nurses during National Nurses Week, here are some ideas to get you started:
- Give a shout-out to your favorite nurses on social media.
- Make a video expressing your gratitude for your local nurses and share it on their facility’s social media page.
- Mail a handwritten letter or a homemade card to a hospital or medical facility
- Send flowers or treats to your favorite nursing staff. Another thoughtful option would be to send over breakfast or lunch.
- If you are crafty, you can make custom hand-sewn face coverings for a nursing team at your local facility. You can find lots of nurse-themed fabrics online to add a special touch.
- Donate to the Ohio Nurses Association. You can choose between contributing to nursing school scholarships, nurses on the front line during the pandemic, or research grants.
- Purchase a Support Nursing license plate from the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles. The proceeds will go toward nursing school scholarships and research grants.
Showing appreciation for all the hard work that nurses do does not have to cost much, if anything at all, or take a lot of time. However, all acts of gratitude are meaningful to these public health heroes. If you were hoping to drop off tokens of appreciation in person, it would be a good idea to call ahead since there may be restrictions regarding visitors at this time.
BrightView’s Nurses are a Valued Part of Our Treatment Programs
BrightView’s nurses help to make our medication assisted treatment programs personalized for the needs of individuals. They understand that developing a rapport with their patients can make all the difference in the success of their treatment. Call us today at 888.501.9865 to find out more about how our nursing staff can provide you with the support you need for mental health care. If you require mental health services or drug addiction treatment at an MAT clinic in Ohio, we can help.