Although millions of people throughout the country deal with alcohol use disorder (AUD), many avoid getting professional help. However, an alcohol rehab in Virginia can be your most powerful ally for overcoming AUD.
What Are the Benefits of Alcohol Rehab in Virginia?
Some people might think that a rehab center that offers treatment for alcohol addiction is simply a place to go to ensure they have a safe and stable initial withdrawal from alcohol. They may also think that once the alcohol is out of their system, they are free and clear to leave and move on with their lives. Unfortunately, recovering from AUD is not this simple. There are multiple components needed to help you achieve the recovery you desire.
Some of the benefits of choosing alcohol rehab over quitting on your own include:
- Better self-understanding – You will receive individual counseling in therapy that can help you dive deeper into the underlying causes of alcohol use disorder. You will learn about your triggers and how to manage them better.
- The support of AUD treatment professionals – Staff members at treatment centers provide unconditional support for your recovery needs, whether a listening ear, advice, or just someone who understands what you are going through.
- Relief from withdrawal symptoms – Your treatment team can administer medications to help alleviate discomfort and cravings during withdrawal.
- Connection with others in recovery – You will meet peers in recovery during group therapy sessions and may also be connected with support groups to strengthen your support system.
- Help finding social services – Case managers at treatment centers can help you find the services you need to stay on track. This can include services like financial assistance, job training, transportation, or child care. Your case manager will want to set you up for success and help you find services that address potential obstacles.
If you try to quit alcohol on your own, you will not have the advantage of the above to help you achieve lasting recovery. By choosing to get help from an alcohol rehab in Virginia, you will lighten the burden of overcoming AUD.
How Does Outpatient Alcohol Rehab in Virginia Work?
Understanding the benefits of attending alcohol rehab can be a strong motivator for getting professional help for AUD. But you may still have some reservations about getting help, particularly if you do not know what is involved in an alcohol rehab program. To help ease your mind, here is a general overview of how an outpatient alcohol rehab may work:
- You will contact the treatment center to schedule an intake assessment where you will provide information about your alcohol use history, family history of alcohol use, and history of medical conditions or mental health disorders.
- Your treatment team will create a recovery plan for you based on your assessment.
- A physician will determine the appropriate medications for withdrawal to help keep you comfortable and safe.
- A staff member will schedule you for therapy sessions that generally include individual counseling and group therapy. They may also recommend family therapy sessions.
- You will visit the treatment center as scheduled to receive medication and attend therapy sessions. As you progress in your recovery, your provider may taper off medications, and your therapy schedule may become less rigorous.
- Once your rehab program concludes, you may be referred for ongoing treatment through weekly sessions to help keep you on track.
Outpatient care provides the most convenient option for AUD treatment. You can still manage your daily responsibilities such as work and taking care of your family. In the early stages of treatment, it would be beneficial to ask your loved ones for additional help with household tasks to lighten your workload while you heal.
BrightView: The Evidence-Based Alcohol Rehab Virginia Residents Rely On
If you need trusted alcohol rehab in Virginia, look no further than BrightView. At our rehabs in Virginia, including BrightView Chesapeake Addiction Treatment Center, and our Roanoake, Va rehab center, and Lynchburg, VA rehab center, we pride ourselves on offering a better approach to treatment so you can get the most out of your time with us.
Call us today at 888.501.9865 to start experiencing the BrightView difference.