At BrightView, we understand that starting treatment for substance use disorders (SUDs) can be challenging. To remove barriers to care, accessibility and flexibility are crucial. For individuals who prefer minimal changes to their daily schedule, an outpatient treatment center with a comprehensive, multidisciplinary program is a great choice. To learn more about BrightView’s outpatient services, reach out by calling 8335104357 or schedule online.
What is medication for addiction treatment?
Medication for addiction treatment (MAT), formally called medication assisted treatment, involves the use of medications combined with behavioral therapies. MAT provides a well-rounded approach to treating SUDs and helps sustain long-term recovery. Medications typically offered in an MAT program include Suboxone, Sublocade, Vivitrol, and sometimes Methadone. These medications are FDA-approved, safe and effective to use when prescribed by a doctor. They normalize body functions and brain chemistry, block the euphoric effects of substances, and relieve physiological cravings.
This treatment approach has been shown to:
- DECREASE: illicit substance use and criminal activity
- IMPROVE: birth outcomes among pregnant women struggling with SUDs, and chances of a patient’s addiction recovery success
- INCREASE: a patient’s ability to gain and maintain employment, and maintain recovery
When to start considering drug rehab?
Seeking professional help could be beneficial for those who are worried about themselves or a loved one who is struggling with SUD. When searching for an addiction treatment center, try some of these tips and tools:
- REACH OUT: If you already have a drug rehab in mind, reach out to them to find out more about their services.
- SAMHSA LOCATOR TOOL: Use the SAMHSA locator tool to track down a treatment center in your area. This tool allows you to filter search by state, city, distance, facility type and type of care.
- ASK FOR RECOMMENDATIONS: Confide in loved ones or friends, or a medical professional for recommendations on where to seek treatment.
How can BrightView addiction treatment help?
Choosing the right outpatient drug rehab program is crucial to recovery success. Making sure a center has a comprehensive program that covers all bases of health is important. At BrightView, our recovery plans include:
- MEDICATION FOR ADDICTION TREATMENT (MAT): MAT is a treatment option that combines medication with behavioral therapies. Medication helps minimize withdrawal symptoms and cravings, while also stabilizing the brain.
- BEHAVIORAL THERAPIES: Individual therapy helps patients uncover their personal needs and the root cause of their SUD. Group therapy allows patients to build life skills together while sharing their stories.
- CASE MANAGEMENT: Case management helps patients get their feet back on the ground. These services aid patients with housing, transportation, job training, education, and more.
- PEER SUPPORT: Our team of peer recovery supporters have the experience to help patients through recovery with empathy and understanding.
Start recovery today at BrightView’s outpatient addiction treatment program
Taking the first step to recovery can be intimidating but it is possible. Our centers closest to Washington DC are located in Woodbridge VA, Fredericksburg VA, and Winchester VA. Contact BrightView today at 8335104357 or schedule an appointment online to learn more about how we can help.