Go Out, Have Fun & Enjoy Cincinnati in a Sober-Friendly Environment
There is plenty of fun to be had in recovery. Some of these activities can be enjoyed for free, but make sure to look for discounts and coupons to save money for those that come with a price! Here is a list of sober-friendly things to do in Cincinnati. Click on the links below for more details and let us know if there is an alcohol-free option we should add to the list.
- Escape Game Cincinnati: Choose the theme you want for your escape room and use your detective skills to free your team.
- Madi’s House: This free, non-residential community offers support and activities such as music, games, art classes, and wellness programs for young adults struggling with addiction and mental illness.
- Wake Nation: Explore this family-friendly water-sports facility. They have many different activities including wake boarding and water skiing, as well as an aqua park and super slides.
- Full Throttle Adrenaline Park: The Full Throttle Adrenaline Park is filled with thrilling activities from go karting, axe throwing, paintball, a rage room, virtual reality games, and more.
- **Main Event in West Chester: Main Event in West Chester is a great place for kids and adults, featuring arcade games, bowling, ropes courses, laser tag, and billiards. Additionally, they have many delicious mocktails and alcohol-free beverages available.
- Loveland Mosaic Rock Climbing: Climb the to the highest height you can at this indoor rock-climbing facility, with or without ropes. If climbing isn’t your forte, they also offer fitness classes, like yoga.
- **King’s Island: The King’s Island amusement park and water park has a wide variety of rides, live entertainment, food, and other fun events.
- Arnoff Center: Plan a visit to the Cincinnati Arnoff Center and Music Hall to find a Broadway show, ballet, orchestra, or other theatrical performance to attend. The Arnoff center is also home to the Cincinnati Ballet, Cincinnati Music Theatre, Contemporary Dance Theater, Cincinnati Playwrights Initiative, and more.
- Rookwood Pottery: Rookwood Pottery was founded in 1880 and to this day it showcases handcrafted pottery made in their world-renowned ceramics studio.
- Movie Theater – Esquire, Mariemont, Cinemark: Catch up on the latest films at one of these three movie theaters in Cincinnati. Each theater has a unique selection of films to watch.
- Starlite Drive-In Theatre: If you’re looking for some old-fashioned entertainment, check out the Starlite Drive-In Theatre to watch the latest feature films.
Food & Restaurants
- Roebling Points Books and Coffee in Covington: This book and coffee shop is a great place to unwind after a long day. Immerse yourself into a great book and cozy up with a warm cup of coffee.
- Graeter’s Ice Cream: Choose from an array of delicious ice cream flavors and baked goods by Cincinnati’s famous Graeter’s.
- **Homemakers Bar: Homemakers Bar is a retro-modern bar in Over-The-Rhine where customers can relax and hang out with friends. This bar has many no proof beverage options including an alcohol-free hazy IPA, and multiple mocktails.
- Findlay Market: Findlay Market is Ohio’s oldest continuously operated public market in Over-The-Rhine. Customers can find a several different options of farm fresh, locally sourced, artisanal specialty foods, produce, flowers, deli meat, and ethnic foods.
- **Gomez: Inspired by the owner’s grandmother’s salsa recipe, Gomez offers delicious homemade, unique Mexican cuisine.
- **E+O Kitchen: Enjoy unique Asian cuisine with influences from the Philippines, Korea, Vietnam, and other Asian countries.
- Taft Museum of Art: This museum was built around 1820 and is one of the finest small art museums in the US. Discover the historical architecture and a remarkable collection of art and collectibles.
- Cincinnati Museum Center: Learn about Cincinnati’s history, explore natural history and science, and if you have kids, bring them to the Children’s Museum.
- American Sign Museum: Dedicated to the art and history of commercial signs and sign making, the American Sign Museum is a great choice of an activity.
- Loveland Castle: This historic castle & museum was built in honor of men who lived as knights. It offers great picnic areas, games & puzzles, beautiful landscaping and historical displays.
Parks & Recreation
- Devou Park in Covington: Take a relaxing stroll along scenic nature trails, play some golf, throw a frisbee with some friends, attend a concert, or tour the Behringer-Crawford museum. At the peak of the park, there is a spectacular view of the Cincinnati skyline.
- Newport Aquarium: The Newport Aquarium, offers a range of different aquatic animals and marine life to see and interact with, including the stingray and shark touch tanks.
- Krohn Conservatory: This conservatory features the popular 1933 style, Art Deco, and hosts several different, unique plants. They also often hold events here, such as Butterflies of the Meadow.
- **Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Gardens: Filled with beautiful botanical gardens and a wide variety of animals exhibits, the Cincinnati Zoo is the perfect place to learn about wildlife and nature.
- Ault Park: Located in Mount Lookout, Ault Park provides picnic facilities, nature trails, children’s playgrounds, and lookout points to view the Ohio River. It has gorgeous gardens, including Cherry Blossom Trees that bloom in the Spring.
- Woodland Mound Park: The Woodland Mound Park has beautiful views of the Ohio River Valley from the Breezy Point Pavilion along with a visitor center, gift shop, wildlife exhibits, playground, picnic areas, disc golf courses, boat launch, and several trails.
- Cincinnati Nature Center: Hundreds of acres of forests, prairies, streams, ponds, and wetlands make up Rowe Woods and Long Branch Farm & Trails; the Cincinnati Nature Center has a lot to offer.
- Ohio State Park Storybook Trails: Visit a storybook trail near you for an opportunity to learn in the outdoors with your family or friends. Several locations span Ohio including the East Fork Park.
BrightView wants to help connect people in recovery and help them enjoy life without drugs and alcohol. Contact us at 833.510.HELP for more information.