At BrightView, we understand that starting treatment for substance use disorders (SUDs) can be challenging. To remove barriers to care, accessibility and flexibility are crucial. For individuals who prefer minimal changes to their daily schedule, an outpatient treatment center with a comprehensive, multidisciplinary program is a great choice. To learn more about BrightView’s outpatient services, reach out by calling 8335104357 or schedule online.
What is medication for addiction treatment?
Medication for addiction treatment (MAT), formally called medication assisted treatment, involves the use of medications combined with behavioral therapies. MAT provides a well-rounded approach to treating SUDs and helps sustain long-term recovery. Medications typically offered in an MAT program include Suboxone, Sublocade, Vivitrol, and Methadone. These medications are FDA-approved, safe and effective to use when prescribed by a doctor. They normalize body functions and brain chemistry, block the euphoric effects of substances, and relieve physiological cravings.
This treatment approach has been shown to:
- DECREASE: illicit substance use and criminal activity
- IMPROVE: birth outcomes among pregnant women struggling with SUDs, and chances of a patient’s addiction recovery success
- INCREASE: a patient’s ability to gain and maintain employment, and maintain recovery
When to start considering drug rehab?
Seeking professional help could be beneficial for those who are worried about themselves or a loved one who is struggling with SUD. Here are some tips on how to find nearby addiction treatment:
- REACH OUT: If you already have a drug rehab in mind, reach out to them to find out more about their services.
- SAMHSA LOCATOR TOOL: Use the SAMHSA locator tool to track down a treatment center in your area. This tool allows you to filter search by state, city, distance, facility type and type of care.
- ASK FOR RECOMMENDATIONS: Confide in loved ones or friends, or a medical professional for recommendations on where to seek treatment.
With more centers and treatment options than ever before, BrightView is also a great choice for drug rehab. As we accept many types of health insurance, our proximity to multiple locations makes us even more accessible.