Access to professional drug addiction treatment programs used to be limited to those with ample money to pay for them. Many health insurance companies did not cover drug rehab services, leaving the person in recovery with thousands of dollars in medical bills. If you were on Medicaid, affording drug rehab was nearly impossible. Thanks to the 2010 Affordable Care Act (ACA), Medicaid is now required to provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment coverage. With the ACA, there is no reason to allow worries about finances to get in the way of your addiction treatment.
Free or low-cost help is available with BrightView Health’s Medicaid drug addiction treatment center in Dayton, Ohio. Our BrightView team believes everyone deserves to live a healthy, addiction-free lifestyle, so we make treatment accessible to all by accepting Medicaid for addiction treatment at our facilities. Contact us online or call us today at 888.501.9865 if you’re interested in learning more about addiction treatment at our conveniently located treatment center near Dayton, Ohio.
Signs of Drug Addiction
The mental and physical toll that drug addiction takes depends on the substance used. However, there are some common indicators that you or someone you care about would benefit from comprehensive treatment at BrightView due to addiction.
Some of that a drug addiction might have developed include:
- Sudden mood swings
- Frequent legal or financial issues
- Isolation from friends and family members
- Changes in appearance, such as drastic weight loss or lack of hygiene
- Loss of interest in previously enjoyed activities or hobbies
- Attempts to stop using before have been unsuccessful
If you recognize these signs in yourself or a loved one, it is crucial that you reach out for help from experienced professionals, such as our team at BrightView. However, people who want to enroll in addiction treatment programs often don’t because they are worried that they can’t afford them. However, Medicaid is one of the options available to help with the cost of treatment.
Medicaid Eligibility in Ohio
Medicaid is a state health insurance program designed to provide low-income individuals with health insurance coverage. Without Medicaid, many people would be without access to free or affordable healthcare services, including drug addiction treatment programs. If you are unable to afford a private health insurance plan, you may qualify for Medicaid. Each state has its own set of requirements for Medicaid eligibility. If you are an Ohio resident, make below the maximum income set for Medicaid recipients, you may be eligible for Medicaid if:
- You qualify as low-income
- You are over the age of 65
- You’re responsible for a child under 18
- You have a disability
- You are pregnant or blind
If you think you may qualify for Medicaid, there are several ways to verify your Medicaid eligibility and apply for benefits:
- Visit the Ohio Benefits website
- Reach out to your county’s Job and Family Services office
- Call the Ohio Department of Medicaid’s customer service line
Finding Medicaid for Addiction Treatment
Once you have been approved for Medicaid and have received your insurance card, you can focus on finding a drug addiction treatment program in your area. Luckily, more treatment centers now accept Medicaid, which makes getting help more accessible than ever. To find a Medicaid drug rehab in your area, you can:
- Call your Medicaid insurance company to ask for covered addiction treatment programs.
- Use the treatment locator tool on the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) website. You can narrow your search by location, treatment preferences, and insurance. With Medicaid, you can receive coverage for inpatient, outpatient, and detox programs, so consider your needs when searching for treatment.
- Perform a Google search for “Medicaid drug rehab Dayton Ohio” to find your local drug addiction treatment programs that accept Medicaid.
- If you have a specific treatment facility in mind, you can give them a call or check their website to see if they take Medicaid. If they do not take your insurance, they may refer you to a local program that does.
With all of the addiction treatment centers that have started to realize the importance of accepting Medicaid, you should be able to find a local treatment program without too much difficulty. If you’re unsure if Medicaid can help you, reach out to BrightView for assistance with the insurance verification process.
Choose BrightView for Effective Addiction Treatment Near Dayton, Ohio
The Affordable Care Act has provided people from all economic backgrounds with access to affordable drug rehab, so there is no reason to put off getting help. If you are looking for drug addiction treatment near Dayton, Ohio, BrightView proudly accepts Medicaid for addiction treatment programs.
At BrightView, we will work with you to determine the best way to pay for treatment and then provide the high-quality treatment you need to begin your recovery. Call BrightView today at 888.501.9865 or fill out our online form to get started with the treatment you deserve for a fresh start.