In 2016, a public health emergency was declared in the state of Virginia due to the rising incidence of substance use disorders. Despite this declaration, the problem seems to have only increased, with an average of seven Virginia residents dying from drug overdoses daily. 2,622 people died in overdose-related deaths in 2021, demonstrating a 29% increase from the prior year.1 There is a need for effective addiction treatment near Arlington, VA, and throughout the state.
These statistics may be alarming, but you and your loved ones do not have to become one of them. If you need support to break free from dependence on drugs or alcohol, BrightView is here to guide you. Give us a call at 888.501.9865 to discuss your treatment options.
Do You Need Rehab Near Arlington, VA?
Substance use disorder (SUD) can have devastating effects on your physical and mental health, so it is essential to recognize the signs of SUD and know whether you need professional help. Here are some signs and symptoms to look out for to let you know if it is time to consider enrolling in an Arlington, VA, addiction treatment program:
Difficulty Moderating Consumption
Moderate consumption means different things for different substances. For example, moderate alcohol intake is up to one drink per day for women and up to two drinks per day for men. Moderation regarding prescription medication refers to taking the drug only as advised by your provider. If someone finds it difficult to moderate their drug or alcohol intake or if they use prescription or illicit drugs recreationally, this is likely a sign of SUD.
Developing a Tolerance
When using substances over a long period, a person’s body can develop a tolerance. This means the amount they usually take no longer induces the same feelings, such as euphoria, relaxation, or stimulation. To achieve those feelings once again, the person must increase their dosage. Developing a tolerance to a substance is an indicator of a potential substance use disorder.
Continued Use Despite Consequences
SUD can negatively impact all areas of your life. It can lead to difficulties at work, destroyed relationships, and health problems such as cardiovascular issues, impaired cognitive function, and a higher risk of injury. When adverse effects become prevalent with substance misuse, but the person continues to utilize drugs or alcohol, chances are they have developed a powerful dependence.
The Benefits of Enrolling in Arlington, VA, Addiction Treatment
If you recognize the aforementioned signs of SUD, you may be tempted to quit cold turkey at home. This may seem like an easy way to overcome dependence, but it can be dangerous and may not give you the best chance for long-term recovery. Here are some advantages of enrolling in an addiction treatment program:
- Medical assistance – Treatment centers provide access to professionals who can monitor your health as you detox from substances and experience withdrawal symptoms.
- Medication assisted treatment (MAT) – MAT gives you the benefit of medications to ease withdrawal symptoms, reduce cravings, and help you feel more comfortable overall.
- Long-term recovery support – Many centers offer a range of programs, including aftercare or alumni programs, to help maintain your recovery.
- Safe and supportive environment – Treatment centers strive to create a welcoming environment where their patients can heal without the distractions or triggers from their usual environment.
- Individual and group therapy sessions – Recovering from SUD requires delving into the contributors to substance misuse, which can be done through various therapeutic techniques, such as cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) and dialectical behavior therapy (DBT).
These are just a few advantages of enrolling in professional addiction treatment. In a nutshell, a quality rehab will drastically increase your chances of maintaining lifelong sobriety and help you achieve your goals for a healthier, happier lifestyle.
Enroll in BrightView’s Addiction Treatment Center Near Arlington, VA Today
If you need a quality rehab near Arlington, VA, look no further than BrightView. We have several clinics throughout Virginia, including our Woodbridge treatment center, conveniently located less than 30 minutes from Arlington. We are at 4899 Prince William Parkway, next to MHT America. Call us today at 888.501.9865 or drop in anytime before 3:00 p.m. on weekdays to kick off your journey to a healthy recovery. You can also complete our online form to get started.