Prescription opioids like oxycodone and hydrocodone serve a vital purpose for those dealing with pain after surgery or an injury. However, opioid medications also come with the potential for misuse and dependence, which can happen whether you take your medication as prescribed or use it recreationally. If your opioid use concerns you or your loved ones, it may be time to consider getting methadone medication assisted treatment. Contact BrightView at 888.501.9865 for safe, effective methadone treatment in Cleveland.
Do You Need a Methadone Clinic in Cleveland?
If you have been diagnosed with opioid use disorder or believe you may have developed this condition, you should consider whether methadone treatment in Cleveland may be appropriate. Here are some signs that a methadone clinic in Cleveland could be beneficial for you or someone you love:
- You have developed a tolerance to your prescription opioids. You can tell you have developed a tolerance when you do not feel the same effects from the same dose of the medication. You may start taking doses more frequently or doubling up on pills.
- You schedule appointments with more than one doctor in the hopes of obtaining multiple opioid prescriptions. This is called doctor shopping and is sometimes used to help fulfill one’s dependence on larger numbers of opioid pills than their doctor may prescribe.
- You are experiencing adverse side effects from opioids but cannot quit or cut back on them. Opioid use can lead to side effects like constipation, dizziness, drowsiness, nausea, and vomiting.
- You feel worse when you try to stop using opioids. The discomfort that comes when you discontinue using opioids or other substances is referred to as withdrawal. These symptoms are signs that you have become dependent on a substance.
Any of the above signs can indicate an opioid use disorder. This can be challenging to manage on your own, so it is recommended that you reach out to a methadone clinic in the Cleveland area to get professional help.
What to Know Before Finding a Methadone Clinic Near Me in Cleveland
Before searching for a methadone clinic in the Cleveland area, it is helpful to familiarize yourself with how methadone treatment works and how to know if it may be right for you. A few things to know about methadone treatment:
- Methadone is an FDA-approved medication for the treatment of opioid use disorder (OUD).
- Methadone can help minimize withdrawal symptoms and cravings.
- Although methadone helps alleviate withdrawal symptoms, you can experience side effects from the medication.
- Methadone can produce a feeling of euphoria, but it is milder than that created by opioid painkillers.
- Methadone is typically intended as a long-term treatment, so you may need to commit to this medication for at least 12 months for optimal results.
Although methadone can be an integral part of your treatment plan for overcoming opioid use disorder, the medication cannot sustain recovery on its own. You must be dedicated to using methadone exactly as prescribed by your provider and following through on a comprehensive treatment program that includes therapy.
There is much more to OUD and other substance use disorders than the misuse of the substance itself. For true healing to occur, you need to address the underlying causes and triggers for self-medication with drugs or alcohol. If you are ready to commit yourself to a full recovery, perform an online search for a methadone clinic near me or visit the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) website to use their treatment locator tool.
Find Methadone Treatment at BrightView
At BrightView, we understand that using prescription opioids for pain management can be a slippery slope into dependence. Our methadone clinics can help you get back in control. Reach out to us today at 888.501.9865 to get immediate assistance to overcome your dependence on opioids with the help of methadone treatment.