While alcohol and substance use disorders can affect anyone, they are generally more prevalent in those with genetic predispositions, histories of trauma, mental illness, and other factors. Substance use disorder (SUD), the medical diagnosis for addiction, can be nearly impossible to overcome alone or without the right treatment plan in place. For someone facing drug addiction or alcohol use disorder (AUD) near Washington D.C., consider finding an evidence-based alcohol rehab.
At BrightView, we offer comprehensive treatment programs to help people begin recovery as soon as today. Call us today at 8335104357 to start feeling better as soon as possible.
Signs an alcohol recovery program may be right
It can be difficult to tell whether professional help is needed for alcohol use. There is often a fine line between casual or social drinking and alcohol dependence or AUD.
Here are some signs that it may be time to consider seeking help from an addiction treatment program:
- FAMILY HISTORY OF AUD: Even if undiagnosed, if a relative abuses or misuses alcohol, there is a higher chance that you and your children will face AUD.
- YOU GET INTO TROUBLE WHEN INTOXICATED: This can involve minor issues such as becoming argumentative or major problems such as getting arrested.
- STRUGGLING FINANCIALLY: If you struggle to pay bills but continue to buy alcohol, AUD may be overriding your priorities in life.
- DECLINING WORK OR SCHOOL PERFORMANCE: Drinking may be interfering with success if you find that your grades are slipping, your work performance is subpar, or you are continuously calling out sick due to hangovers.
- HEALTH PROBLEMS RELATED TO ALCOHOL USE: Excessive drinking can be detrimental to overall health and lead to liver and kidney problems along with various other medical conditions.
It may not always be clear that drinking has evolved into an addiction, but getting help earlier will make the work of recovery easier.
What to look for in an alcohol rehab clinic
When you are ready to seek treatment for AUD, it is important to find a program works best for you. Here are a few things to consider in an alcohol rehab program:
- EVIDENCE-BASED PRACTICES: The best programs will use only methods that have been well researched and proven to be effective in helping people overcome addiction.
- TYPE OF TREATMENT: You may respond well to one type of treatment, but not another. Most rehabs will offer a variety of treatment options so that you can find the best approach for you.
- COST: It is important to make sure a rehab accepts your insurance and offers flexible payment plans.
As you investigate your options, keep in mind that the sooner you find help, the better your chances of reaching your goals.
Begin recovery with BrightView near Washington D.C.
If you or someone you love is seeking a highly effective addiction treatment program in the D.C. area, consider BrightView in Woodbridge, Fredericksburg, or Winchester. Call us today at 8335104357 or schedule an appointment online to get started on your path to recovery.