Medication for addiction treatment (MAT) can greatly impact the success of someone’s recovery. One of the most effective medications for addiction treatment is Suboxone This FDA-approved prescription medication is a combination of buprenorphine and naloxone to help patients safely manage withdrawal symptoms. We include this medication in Reynoldsburg and other locations as part of our full slate of substance use disorder (SUD) recovery options.
What is Suboxone?
- WHAT IS BUPRENORPHINE? Buprenorphine is a weak opioid that acts as a substitute to manage withdrawal from unregulated substances. Its effects are not strong enough to trigger a classic opioid high but will keep enough in the brain’s opioid receptors to provide stability and reduce withdrawal symptoms.
- WHAT IS NALOXONE? Naloxone is an opioid blocker that cover’s the brain’s opioid receptors. It acts as cut-off switch of sorts to prevent overdose and limit the effects of opioids.
Suboxone is monitored and controlled at the federal level because it is an opioid. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has set forth guidelines for using it safely, and SAMHSA regulates this use. Only a SAMHSA-approved medical professional can administer Suboxone.
Is Suboxone safe for opioid recovery?
Suboxone is one of the safest forms of medication to use in recovery. When medically supervised, it can have life-changing, positive effects. This medication paired with counseling and group therapy helps people heal and get their feet back on the ground.
Benefits of outpatient addiction treatment
When the time feels right to start recovery, please contact BrightView. We offer Suboxone treatment that is accessible and affordable, along with other MAT options such as Methadone, Sublocade, and Vivitrol. In addition to providing MAT services, we also:
- Answer the phone 24/7
- Allow same day enrollment
- Offer alcohol rehab
- Tailor treatment to each individual
- Include individual counseling and group therapy
- Provide telehealth treatment and therapy
- Accept Medicaid, Medicare, and most commercial insurances
Taking the first step towards recovery can be overwhelming and deter some people from seeking support. At BrightView, we want to remove any barriers to receiving treatment. Please call BrightView at 8335104357 or book an appointment online to start feeling better today!