If you have been hesitant to get help for your drug or alcohol addiction because you cannot commit to an inpatient program for 30 days or more, you may be curious about outpatient addiction treatment programs. Your local outpatient rehab center can provide the convenience you need to encourage you to take the next step toward getting clean.
When you want to recover from addiction while living in the comfort of your own home, you can count on BrightView’s outpatient treatment in Ohio. Our medication-assisted treatment (MAT) clinics near Columbus provide the appropriate medication for your needs so you can comfortably recover as an outpatient rather than requiring an inpatient detox. Call us today at 1-833-510-HELP to learn more about our highly effective outpatient addiction treatment program in Ohio.
What Is Involved in an Outpatient Addiction Treatment Program?
Inpatient detox programs may deter some people from getting the help they need to recover from addiction. Spending a month or more away from work and family obligations can be unrealistic for many. Luckily, MAT clinics have made outpatient addiction treatment more convenient and accessible than ever. Knowing what to expect from an outpatient addiction treatment program can give you the push you need to get help once you realize how easily it can fit into your lifestyle. Here is an overview of how outpatient addiction treatment programs tend to work:
- You may need to attend treatment sessions five days a week on a full-time basis. Some programs may offer you a choice of daytime or evening to help accommodate your work schedule. Other programs give the option of attending seven days a week on a part-time basis. Reach out to different facilities to find one with a schedule that works best for your lifestyle.
- During your time at the facility, you will participate in individual counseling, group therapy, family therapy, case management, and medication maintenance. Your treatment team will monitor your medications and dosages and adjust them as needed.
- As you successfully progress through the program, your time commitment will decrease.
- The full length of your program may take longer than an inpatient program since you are not there 24/7. Treatment usually lasts about one year but is dependent on your individual needs.
Is Outpatient Addiction Treatment Right for You?
While outpatient addiction treatment programs provide optimal convenience for recovery, they are not the right choice for everyone. There are several things to consider before deciding on outpatient treatment.
- How severe is your addiction? Very severe addictions may require inpatient detox to get through withdrawal symptoms.
- How committed are you to recovery? Since you will have the freedom to live in your own home as you receive treatment, you will not be as closely monitored by your treatment team. For outpatient treatment to be successful, you must be ready and willing to commit to the program.
- What is your living situation? If others in your household use alcohol or drugs, it will be difficult for you to successfully recover from your addiction. If your home is not conducive to recovery, you may wish to look into sober homes to help support your efforts.
- How supportive are your loved ones? Those with friends and family members who are supportive tend to be more successful in recovery. Family therapy is often a part of an outpatient treatment program since healing family relationships can play a large role in getting clean and staying clean.
BrightView: Providing Convenient Outpatient Treatment Ohio Residents Can Count On
If you are ready to commit to recovery, you can rely on a BrightView MAT clinic in Ohio to help you recover while you continue to manage your work and household responsibilities. Our medication-assisted treatment can help keep you comfortable, so it is easier for you to stay on track. To find out if outpatient addiction treatment is right for you, call us today at 1-833-510-HELP.