Substance use disorder, or SUD, is the medical diagnosis for addiction, a debilitating disease that can cause negative life outcomes if left untreated. However, there is hope and recovery is possible. Evidence-based addiction treatment in the D.C. area is available and can provide the right resources to start recovery. At BrightView, we believe that accessibility to treatment is crucial, which is why we accept Medicaid. We currently have three centers in the D.C. area including Woodbridge, Fredericksburg, and Winchester. Reach out to us at 8335104357 to start recovery today!
When to seek help for substance use disorder
First things first, how does one know it is time to seek help? Many people recognize common symptoms of addiction and self-elect to start recovery. For most Consulting with a medical professional, such as an addiction specialist, is the best way to uncover if help is needed for SUD. Here are some ways to tell if substance use is a problem:
- Hiding or downplaying substance use habits from others
- Experiencing negative effects in personal or work life
- Being confronted by loved ones about substance use
- Having problems with money and spending priorities
- Feeing concerned about physical or mental health
- Inability to stop using substances
How to find a drug rehab program that accepts medicaid
Medicaid is a state and federally funded health insurance program that provides coverage for individuals and families that qualify as low-income. Although insurance companies must offer a form of coverage for addiction treatment, this does not mean that every coverage program will be accepted everywhere. Knowing how to find a Medicaid or Medicare drug rehab in your area can help. Here are some tips on how to find one:
- REACH OUT: If there is a specific treatment center in mind, reach out and ask if they accept Medicaid or Medicare. Most rehab programs will verify if certain insurances are accepted or not.
- CONTACT MEDICAID: Call Medicaid and ask which treatment centers your plan will cover.
- SAMHSA LOCATOR TOOL: Use the treatment finder tool on the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) website. It allows users to search by location, payment options, and type of treatment.
How BrightView can help
Serving our communities with the best services and care possible is our main mission. At BrightView, our services include:
- MEDICATION FOR ADDICTION TREATMENT (MAT): We offer Suboxone, Sublocade (at some centers), Methadone (at some centers), and Vivitrol. MAT programs combine medication assistance with individual and group therapy to cover all aspects of behavioral health.
- ACCESSIBILITY: We accept Medicaid, Medicare, and commercial insurances. Walk-ins are welcome until 3:00pm and we never turn anyone away from receiving treatment. Telehealth is also an option for those who cannot visit a center in person.
- CASE MANAGEMENT: Our case managers help patients get their feet back on the ground by helping with transportation, transitional housing, job preparation, and legal assistance.
- PEER SUPPORT: Peer recovery supporters know what it’s like to go through recovery. They lend support to patients by offering advice and sharing personal, relatable stories.
BrightView can help with substance use disorder treatment
We want to ensure that our patients can access the care they need. This is why BrightView accepts Medicaid and provides flexible scheduling options. Start feeling better today and reach out to us today at 8335104357 or schedule an appointment online to learn how we can help.