Medication assisted treatment (MAT) is an evidence-based approach to addiction treatment that utilizes medication, counseling, behavioral therapy. It can support individuals struggling with substance use disorders, helping them achieve and maintain recovery. MAT is an effective and safe treatment option for opioid and alcohol addiction. Learning more about the benefits of medication assisted treatment and how it can help individuals struggling with opioid addiction may help you make the right decisions about recovery.
If you or someone you know is struggling with opioid or alcohol addiction, contact BrightView to learn about our medication assisted treatment program. We offer a comprehensive approach to addiction treatment that includes medication, therapy, and counseling. With over 50 locations across seven states, we’re accessible to everyone. Contact us today at 888.501.9865 to learn about the benefits of MAT and how we can help you or your loved one.
What Are the Benefits of Medication Assisted Treatment?
Traditional addiction treatment approaches typically rely on abstinence and detox. However, MAT combines medication with behavioral therapy and counseling to address the brain and body’s physical dependence on drugs or alcohol. MAT can help individuals struggling with opioid addiction in the following ways:
- Reduced cravings and withdrawal symptoms – MAT medications alter the brain’s chemistry, reducing drug cravings and withdrawal symptoms. This can make it easier for individuals to stop using.
- Increased treatment retention and adherence – Research shows that MAT improves treatment retention and adherence, leading to better outcomes for individuals in recovery.
- Reduced risk of overdose – MAT has been proven to reduce the risk of opioid overdose, a major cause of drug-related deaths.
- Improved physical and mental health – MAT can improve physical and mental health outcomes by addressing the long-term effects of addiction on the body and mind.
Individuals can enjoy a better quality of life with reduced cravings and withdrawal symptoms. They can focus on rebuilding their lives, improving their relationships, and managing their daily responsibilities.
Benefits of MAT Programs
MAT programs offer a range of benefits for individuals seeking to recover from opioid addiction. Some primary MAT program benefits include:
- Individualized treatment – MAT programs provide individualized treatment plans tailored to each individual’s needs to promote long-term recovery success.
- Comprehensive care – MAT programs combine medication with counseling, behavioral therapy, and support services to address addiction’s physical, emotional, and psychological aspects, promoting sustainable recovery.
- Accessibility – MAT programs offer accessible and affordable treatment options covered by insurance. They also provide flexible scheduling to accommodate busy lifestyles.
MAT programs provide continued care and support, including ongoing medication management, counseling, and support groups. Continued care can help individuals maintain long-term recovery success.
Benefits of MAT for Opioid Addiction
MAT has been proven to be highly effective in treating opioid addiction. Some benefits of MAT for opioid addiction are:
- Lower risk of relapse – MAT can reduce the likelihood of relapse, helping individuals stay sober and sustain long-term recovery.
- Improved outcomes – Research has consistently shown that MAT improves treatment outcomes, including reduced drug use, decreased criminal activity, and improved overall health and quality of life.
- Increased life expectancy – MAT significantly improves life expectancy for individuals struggling with opioid addiction, reducing the risk of overdose and other drug-related health complications.
MAT can help individuals manage their addiction symptoms, allowing them to function better personally and professionally.
Contact BrightView to Start MAT Today
At BrightView, we offer individualized medication assisted treatment programs tailored to each patient’s unique needs. We provide comprehensive, accessible, ongoing care and support to promote long-term recovery success. If you or a loved one is struggling with opioid addiction, don’t hesitate to contact us today. Call 888.501.9865 or complete our online form to learn more about how we can help.