Getting through withdrawal can be one of the most challenging parts of recovery from drug and alcohol addiction. Thankfully, medication-assisted treatment centers, also known as MAT centers, can help you manage withdrawal symptoms to make the recovery process much more comfortable for you. With a little online research, you can easily find an MAT clinic in Ohio to support you through recovery from drug addiction. If you are looking for support to help you overcome drug addiction, you can call a BrightView MAT center at 1-833-510-HELP and receive help within 24 hours. We can provide you with the medication-assisted treatment, counseling and therapy, and support you need in facilities throughout Ohio to help you regain your freedom from addiction.
How to Find Your Local MAT Clinic
One of the most user-friendly online treatment finder tools to help you find a local outpatient treatment center in Ohio is offered through the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. Check out their website to use their Substance Use Treatment Locator. Here is an overview of how to use the SAMHSA treatment locator tool to find an MAT clinic in your area:
- Enter your city or zip code to locate drug treatment facilities within a specified distance.
- Limit your search to facilities that provide medication-assisted treatment. You can filter your search by selecting either methadone, buprenorphine, or naltrexone.
- Narrow your search by type of treatment. For example, if you are looking for mental health treatment in conjunction with substance use treatment, this is where you would select that option.
- Narrow your search by payment options offered, such as private health insurance, Medicaid, Medicare, free care, or a sliding fee scale.
- You can select facilities specifically for youth or adults and search for languages spoken at the facility if English is not your first language.
- There is also the option to find special programs such as those designed to accommodate veterans, members of the LGBTQ community, or services for the deaf or hard of hearing.
Once you have entered your preferences, you will come up with a list of facilities that fit your requirements. Your search results will include the following:
- A list of facilities ordered by distance
- Name, telephone number, and address of each location. Websites are included where applicable.
- A list of services offered for each location
- A list of the payment options for each location
For more detailed information about each facility, click on “more info.”
Which Type of MAT Is Right for You?
When you use the above search tool, you will only select one type of medication per search, so you can save some time if you know which type of medication you might need. Here is a quick look at each type of medication:
- Methadone – Used to treat opioid use disorders, helps decrease painful withdrawal symptoms, and blocks pleasure signals received from opiates.
- Buprenorphine – Used to treat opioid use disorders, helps prevent withdrawal symptoms, and reduces cravings for opiates.
- Naltrexone – Used to treat opioid use disorders and alcohol use disorder by reducing cravings for opiates or alcohol.
This overview can help you narrow down your search for a drug addiction treatment center. However, it is still best to speak with a medical professional to find out which medication may be the right one for your needs. Some MAT clinics may even provide all three types of medications at their location for convenience.
Find a Conveniently Located BrightView MAT Clinic in Ohio
Wherever you are in Ohio, there is a BrightView medication-assisted center that can help get you on the road to recovery. Our medication-assisted drug addiction treatment centers are designed to help you get clean and stay clean for the long term so you can get back to enjoying your life again. Call us today at 1-833-510-HELP to get started with the MAT program right for you.